Walnut is known as the most power packed dry fruit that you have in your kitchen. You must be amazed by the resemblance of this small dry fruit with that of your brain but this is not just a coincidence. In fact it offers tremendous benefits for the perfect functioning of your brain. Packed with numerous benefits for your beauty as well as health, it is must to include a small amount of this nut in your diet. Read on to know how the wonders that it can do to your health and beauty:
- Anti-aging properties: Walnuts are extremely rich in antioxidants which help in increasing skin elasticity and regeneration. So you can reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your skin without using those fancy and expensive creams. You can also undo the damage caused by sun on your skin by regular consumption of walnuts.
- Glowing skin: Walnuts are known to boost up blood circulation and improve the oxygen supply to each and every cell of the body. This brings you a clear and glowing complexion. Since it is a good source of vitamin E, it also improves the texture of your skin.
- Treat skin infections: You can use walnut oil to treat several skin infections as walnut oil is known to have excellent anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Psoriasis, athlete’s foot and Candida are just some of the skin problems that can be cured by using walnut oil.
- Lustrous hair: A popular ingredient in almost all popular hair care product, walnut has biotin which brings volume to your hair. The high protein content strengthens the hair from the roots. You can in fact use walnut oil also to keep your hair black and strong and boost a healthy sleep.
- A good night’s sleep: Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B. These nutrients help in fighting off signs of depression and anxiety and bring your mind at calm. Include 3-4 nuts in your evening snacks or add them to your dinner in one or the other way.
- Pregnancy benefits: Walnuts is one of the best sources of vitamin B group nutrients like riboflavin and thiamine. Along with it, walnuts contain fibers, proteins and magnesium that are beneficial for the expecting mother as well as her baby. You can also apply walnut oil on your skin to get a healthy glow.
- Weight loss: Walnuts are a great for people who are suffering from obesity. The high content of fibers is instrumental in reducing blood cholesterol level and thus the resultant fat accumulation. Walnut improves your digestion and increases your metabolism rate that further boosts weight loss. However it is important to take them in moderation to get desired results.
- Overall health: Studies have shown that regular consumption of walnuts is known to decrease the risk of heart diseases as well as several forms of cancer.
Walnut is a wholesome dry fruit that contains loads of vitamins, healthy fatty acids, fibers and proteins. There is no need to process this healthy snack to relish its nutrients. Have a few bites in your breakfast or after lunch or even add them to a bowl of cornflakes or your favorite pudding to get all the benefits of this nut.